Welcome to Computech! Edison Computech 7-8 is an energetic and wonderfully diverse middle school that focuses on the use of integrated technology. Our goal is to engage, challenge, inspire and support students so that they may excel academically. Our school is made up of students from all over the Fresno Unified School District and the city of Fresno. The result is a student body that reflects the ethnic, cultural, and economic diversity of our community. Our students' families join us from all over the world and represent more than sixteen different ethnic groups and languages. In all ways, the Computech program strives for excellence and encourages students to achieve their highest personal and academic potential.
Some highlights of the Computech program:
• A rigorous academic program with an eight-period day
• STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Magnet program
• Two elective periods (7th grade students), Three elective periods (8th grade students)
• Advanced instruction in computers and technology
• BYOD program (students bring a laptop device for classroom use)
• High school credit classes (foreign languages, algebra)
• Students from diverse backgrounds
• Sports, music, clubs, academic teams
Edison Computech 7-8 is located in southwest Fresno on a campus adjoining Edison High School. Fresno Unified School District provides bus transportation to the school from throughout Fresno.